Thursday, December 15, 2005

Writing Old Wrongs

For some time now I’ve been trying to get a handle on what my missional apologetics friends mean by “combative” or “confrontational” apologetics. Fortunately a friend of mine has begun to educate me on this matter with the following email he just sent me:

FROM: Johan Olums
DATE: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:00 AM
TO: Ishmael
SUBJECT: Combative Apologetics Example

Pulled this out of my file & scanned it this morning - a classic example from a while back. The problems with this approach should be obvious to anyone educated in the tools of cultural exegesis. Now if we could only get those countercultists to stop spreading false caricatures of the missional approach! --Johan

ATTACHMENT:












Yes. If only...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you subverted those old Charles Atlas ads in order to overthrow a nascent paradigm!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it is weird to think the Trinity is a lie. I just don't buy the humorous track. dh

Ron Henzel said...

Anonymous,

Actually, the joke's not on you. But then again...